The quest for the perfect DJ for your wedding ceremony can be a daunting process. Many brides and grooms have not hired a DJ before. This lack of experience makes them guilty of mistakes when it comes to hiring a DJ. If you want to have a successful event without any problems with your DJ, here are some pitfalls to avoid:
1. Thinking That Dj is All About Playing Music. For many couples, it is after the wedding that they realize just how vital a DJ is to a wedding ceremony. The DJ is the Ringmaster for the whole event, even with the wedding coordinator. With a professional DJ, you have smooth organization and flow of your big day. All you are doing is enjoying your day and not worrying about anything going off!
2. Hiring a Part-time or Amateur DJ. Don't because sweet deals and offers put your most important day in the hand of an amateur. Don't be tempted to hire a friend who just started a career as a DJ or one that is deejaying as a hobby. Such a choice is setting the stage for disaster as there is a big chance an unqualified DJ could ruin your reception. Let the pros do their job.
3. Cutting Out Entertainment to Save Money. Once you cut the wedding cake, activities last just about 10 minutes, and the food catering for nearly an hour or so. Even with this, many couples prefer to spend huge money on these than entertainment – the part that keeps your day going till it ends. The Deejay sets the tone for other essential things like the couple's dance, the parent's dance, and the after-party entertainment. It is worth the investment.
4. Not Asking for the DJ for Liability Insurance. Most professional DJs have liability insurance to cover events in case of any injuries on the dance floor and other service failures. Be sure to request a printed copy of the coverage.
5. Not Having a Plan B for Your Dj. There are a lot of things that can happen that neither you nor the DJ has any control over. With this in mind, it is a good idea to be prepared for anything, including your DJ failing to show up. This plan doesn't require you to know the working principles of all DJ equipment. However, be sure to request backup equipment on standby. Equipment failure could ruin a terrific party.
Check your local vendors' directory for capable DJs in your area to ensure a successful and fun-filled wedding ceremony.